Wednesday, November 17, 2010

D I S or C?

While I was not in class for this personality assessment, I did take a short quiz online about the DISC system for categorizing personalities, and I believe it to be quite accurate after only answering ten short questions about myself. I received a D result, meaning I have a Dominant personality. I 100% agree with this. I am very direct, and never hold back my thoughts and opinions, whether appropriate or not..=/ It mentioned that I am fearless, which is for the most part true because I rarely let worries stop me from doing what I want to do. I am also very energetic, and also like to keep busy. This is very true of me. I like to be around people, keep myself occupied at all times, and avoid doing nothing at all costs. So in all, I believe the test gave me a correct result.

As far as becoming another type, I do not believe that a persons total persona can change. They may choose to act a certain way at a certain time, for example I may hold my tongue, or try to, which is not a trait of a D personality, however that does not mean I am no longer of that category. A person may also do the opposite, and decide to be forward in order to achieve or gain something that they want, however that does not mean that they are not of the Conscientious group. People often ACT in ways that will benefit them at a particular moment. This, however, does not change how they feel inside or who they REALLY are.

I don't think it is all that important to understand someone's type in order to interact with them, however it is important to always remain respectful. I imagine that certain personality types take sarcasm and jokes well, while others are much more serious. In that manner, it would work better for everyone if that was understood and accepted. By taking a test like this, you can be categorized into a group, but that is not who a person is in whole. Interacting with a person in a specific manner just because they are of one group or another would probably lead to stereotyping, and wouldn't result in as real of a relationship as would develop if you just treated everyone in the same general manner that is of YOUR personality type, and then letting the rest fall into place.

2 comments:

  1. I think that you are a D type. I know you for a while already and you are definitely a type D. The test was very accurate and i think every one should try. I took the test on class and i was an Id. I think that is right conclusion for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you KNOW I'm a D type huh? miss independent!

    ReplyDelete