Monday, November 8, 2010

Vision of MY future.

After watching the video in class about vision, and how it is the most important component to achieving your goals, I realized that most of what was said is true. When I take a look at my friends, and consider why some are more successful than others, it usually comes down to who has goals and a future thought out already, and who doesn't. For example, many of my friends from High School didn't go to college. Instead, they knew they wanted to become professional dancers, and they began auditioning right away. Today, more than a dozen of them have achieved their goals. That's because they had a vision for their futures, and they did what they had to do in order to make it happen. After high school, however, I decided to give up dancing and go to business school. I couldn't see myself becoming a professional ballerina in five years time. However, I do have visions for my future now. And here are some of my thoughts.

1. GET MY MASTERS DEGREE---While I don't see myself working 9-5 in a corporate office enviornment, I know having a masters degree in Accounting will open many doors for me. It will give me security, and a back up plan, should any of my other visions fail. Also, It will help me with my second vision.

2. OPEN A DANCE STUDIO---I never made it to broadway, or the American Ballet Theatre, or even bothered to join a small company. However, opening a studio would allow me to do something I love, while running my own business and working for myself. Two things that are very important to me. And my business degree would simply allow me to be in control of both the teaching aspect of the studio, as well as the finances and back of the house.

3. BECOME MORE INVOLVED IN MY FATHER BUSINESS---My father owns a restaurant, and unfortunately I'm not as involved in it as I would like to be. Within the next five years, I'd like to develop a stronger relationship with my father, possibly expand his business, and bring in more money. I know I could bring an abundance of good ideas to the table, and although we may butt heads, it will be a great way to bring in extra money for my family.

4. HAVE A FAMILY---Growing up in America with only my mother and father has given me the strong inclination to want a big family. I would like to have at least three kids, and hopefully give them the family support and closeness that I lacked. Family is very important to me, probably even more than money. As long as my family is financially stable, I'd say I'll be a very happy woman.

After getting my CPA, I'll be able to financially support myself, get married, and have children. By working hard, sticking to my plan, and preparing myself for any obstacles, I think I can successfully achieve all the visions I have for my future.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I know the importance of family I want to have children one day until I get a job in a medium firm of accounting. I also give up one of my dreams fashion design for accounting. I think because there are more job opportunities for an accountant than a designer but I will work very hard to accomplish my goal and I am sure you will do too. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really great goals.Being an entrepreneur and being able to do what you love at the same time is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandra, I totally agree that it is important to have a stable job before thinking about starting a family. Hopefully you'll be able to incorporate your love of fashion into your business degree. That way you'd get to do something you love while making a successful living.

    Yoni, being an entrepreneur is a great thing. I'm looking forward to working for myself. Since I was 16, I've been working as a freelancer, and that allows me the freedom to choose when, for whom, and what jobs I want to work. I love the fact that there isn't a set schedule, and I don't have to do the same things everyday. Hopefully my future degree will able me to continue on that path, while making a substantially larger amount of money! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel you have a well thought out process here. I strongly would encourage you to pursue your dancing objective because most people who are really satisfied with what they do tend to be more successful because they love what they do. Seeing that you have a passion for dancing i think that this goal can be easily accomplished and most important you will be happy at what you do. Do you know that most of the people who we think have the perfect job, aren’t happy, although they make a lot of money their jobs are stressful and the environment are very rugged.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have it all planned out. I hope your dancing studio will become alive one day and I think you will have a lot of sucess in that, It very important to do what you really enjoy so I encourage you to never give up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you want to get your Masters Degree in Accounting, like me. I also do not see myself as doing the typical 9-5 job but as you said it will open up doors to hopefully something a little more exciting in the accounting field. Good luck with your goals!!

    ReplyDelete